Pages

November 27, 2009

Grown up zSpheres


The result out of a bunch of zSpheres and the help of Stephan Viranyi during a lecture in 3D Sculpting I didn't expect it to turn out as a bulky insect-like hulk.




What I personally learned from this - what first started as a zBrush Sketching - is, that I should really do some scribbles on paper in the beginning. Just to get a better idea of the silhouette, only because I am not that affin to 3D sculpting yet.
It's not that I don't like the creature at all, but it's silhouette could really be a little bit more intense.


And heres a sneak peak of what the final texturing could look like. It already contains the cavity and ambient occlusion maps within the diffuse. The normalmap still needs a specular. After I'm done with that, I'm going to render and post it.

No comments: